Palm reading, otherwise known as palmistry or chiromancy, is practiced all over the world, with roots in Indian astrology and gypsy fortune-telling.The objective is to evaluate a person's character or future by studying the palm of their hand. Whether you're an aspiring palm reader or you're just looking for a fun way to pass the time and impress your friends, here's how to gain insight just by holding someone's hand..
Choose a hand. For females, the right hand is what you're born with, and left is what you've accumulated throughout your life. For males, it is the other way around.For male, the left hand is what you're born with, and right is what you've accumulated throughout your life. Pick a palm to read.
Identify the four major lines.
(1) The heart line.
(2) The head line.
(3) The life line.
(4) The fate line (Not everybody has this.)
Interpret the heart line. This line can be read in either direction (from the pinkie finger to the index finger or vice versa) depending on the tradition being followed. It's believed to indicate emotional stability, romantic perspectives, depression, and cardiac health.
- Begins below the index finger - content with love life
- Begins below the middle finger - selfish when it comes to love
- Begins in the middle - falls in love easily.
- Straight and short - less interest in romance
- Touches life line - heart broken easily
- Long and curvy - freely expresses emotions and feelings
- Straight and parallel to the head line - good handle on emotions
- Wavy - many relationships and lovers, absence of serious relationships
- Circle on the line - sad or depression
- Broken line - emotional trauma
- Smaller lines crossing through heart line - emotional trauma